Want to see your story here??

*** WANT TO SEE YOUR STORY HERE???? Send an email to poaplacement@gmail.com ***

Saturday, March 7, 2015

Charcoal

Charcoal is doing really well! We spent his first few hours together in my bathroom so he could get used to having company. He was very mellow, let me pet him, and fell asleep. He spent the whole first night in the bathroom, but was anxious to explore by Saturday morning. He hasn't gone downstairs to the rest of the apartment, but he's wandering between my bathroom and bedroom upstairs.
He has spent Saturday and today mostly under the bed during the daytime, but he comes out occasionally to rub against my legs and roll over for a belly rub. He came out in the night last night and was very enthusiastic and sought out lots of attention. I'm sure within at few days he'll realize that the top of the bed is much more comfortable than the underside!
His food, water, and litter box are all still in the bathroom, and he pops right out from under the bed when it's mealtime. He's eating well and using the box no problem.
All in all I think he's doing really well and I think this is an ideal fit. I'm so happy that he likes the attention and I hope he continues to adjust so well. I want to wait to move his food and litter until he's explored downstairs voluntarily, so we'll probably spend the next few days hanging out upstairs. Who knows, he may explore when I go to work tomorrow and he has the place to himself.
Thank you so, so much for all of your help in this process. I really think Charcoal and I are going to be excellent together. He's such a sweet boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment