Want to see your story here??

*** WANT TO SEE YOUR STORY HERE???? Send an email to poaplacement@gmail.com ***

Monday, January 11, 2016

Zoey (formerly known as Kyra)


 Zoey (formerly known as Kyra) has come a long way since the first day she came home. It took just a day to get her to come out from under the bed and come for some pats and play. Of course, she was under the bed most of the time, but as soon as I'd come in and sit on the floor she'd come out to me. When I went to bed at night she would be out and about playing with her toy mouse. 

It was less than a week that I opened the bedroom door to let her roam freely. And that is just what she did. She would go use the living room litter box more than the bedroom one. She loves to sit in the living room window all day while I work. Or just curl up and sleep on one of the dining room chairs. And when I'm on the couch watching TV she'll jump up there with me:
Then... 3 nights ago... she leaped up onto the bed and that was the beginning of a whole different world. She found that using my leg as a pillow is a wonderful thing. Every night since, she's been starting out sleeping on the bed with me. I've bought her two beds, one for the floor and one for on my bed but she'll have none of that... wants to be right on the sheets/blankets. At some point in the night she jumps down and goes about her business, but at least she starts out with me. I think she's come a long way for having less than two weeks with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment