Want to see your story here??

*** WANT TO SEE YOUR STORY HERE???? Send an email to poaplacement@gmail.com ***

Thursday, December 5, 2013

Lila and Venus - the frien-emies!!

I realized that it has been quite some time since I have submitted an update about Lila, and I don’t know that I have ever provided one for Venus. 

I adopted Lila from POA in March 2011.  At the time, her age was estimated at 15-17 years old.  As you can see from the 2 attached photos, she is still going strong, more than 2½ years later.  She is an absolute age-less wonder.  She has some bursts of energy where she runs around chasing a toy, which is just amazing.  She loves her treats, and she loves to snuggle.  Her favorite spot is lying on top of me while I’m sitting in the living room chair.  Other than her chronic (but managed by medication) hyper-thyroid condition, she is a picture of health.

It took some time, but Venus has adjusted to being in my home since I adopted her from POA in April 2013.  She is the neighborhood watch commander.  Her favorite spot is in the front window, where she watches birds, squirrels – and humans.  I think that she probably knows everything about everyone who lives in my neighborhood.  The photo that I have submitted is of one of my other cats, Dusty (on the left), and Venus (on the right).  Both are on neighborhood patrol.  I love this photo because, for years, Dusty would not come out of my bedroom.  She is now moving around the home with more confidence, and she and Venus are “frien-emies.”  They can share space, as long as they don’t get too close to each other.  

I am so happy and so blessed to have these cats in my life!

Best Wishes and Happy Holidays,
Sara Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment